Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Thai Express Bistro @Tampines One

I was at Tampines shopping for mooncakes and decided to have my dinner at Thai Express. There was no queue at around 6.30pm, I was allocated a seat near the glass window.






Their new food & drinks menu...




I ordered one main course, two sides and a drink for dinner.

Lemongrass tea $4.90++. This didn't have a strong enough lemongrass taste, its more like a regular ice lemon tea. I should have ordered their new Cold Quenchers.


Thai seafood otah $8.30++. This is delish, generous serving of fresh prawns, squid & chunky fish slices in the spicy otah paste...my fave!



Stuffed chicken wings $9.30++. At this price tag I expected the stuffing to be either minced meat or mushrooms...but I'm getting just fish paste! The wings were crispy and well marinated though but I'm still unsatisfied with the dish overall.



Tom Yum Crayfish glass noodle soup $15.60++. This was good, the broth is spicy and tangy enough...had a whole mid size crayfish and ample serving of grass mushrooms...nice.



Service level was alright here, waiting stuffs are prompt but not warm. Food quality here does not match the hefty price tag. For 3 not-so-outstanding dishes and a disappointing drink I paid $44+...totally not worth it! I would rather dine at other Thai restaurants.


Thai Express Bistro
Tampines 1, 10 Tampines Central 1 #04-09/05-08, S529536
Tel: 6786 0998

Opening Hours:
Mon to Sun: 1130 - 2230





No comments:

Post a Comment