Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Yummy and Not-So-Yummy Sweet Treats (Twelve Cupcakes/Beard Papa/Dunkin Donuts)

Twelve Cupcakes

The much anticipated new outlet has finally opened at Nex mall. This is my first time trying the cuppies from this famous celebrity couple's brand.



They have already ran out of 'Today's special' flavors so I selected half a dozen of their standard flavors.



From top left, PB chocolate, Strawberry chocolate & Espresso. Bottom left, Oreo chocolate, PB jelly vanilla & Strawberry vanilla. 6pcs set cost $17 (U.P. $3 each).



Their cupcakes were quite well baked, soft and moist and had enough flavor even without the frosting, albeit a little on the sweet side. The butter cream frosting are rather sweet though. My fave flavors are the Strawberry ones and PB (peanut butter) ones. Strawberry butter cream has rather rich fruity flavor with bitter chocolate shavings that balanced out the sweetness of the butter cream. PB is salty and blends well with the sweet tasting cake...quite delish!

I hope to try their seasonal flavors soon.


Twelve Cupcakes
Nex, 23 Serangoon Central #B2-48A, S556083

Operating Hours
11am - 10pm Daily



Beard PaPa

I bought a Deal voucher for 8pcs of Durian cream puffs ($19.60 instead of $28) at Beard Papa. Finally redeemed them few days before it expires.



This is the first time I'm trying the cream puffs from this popular Japanese franchise. Their puffs were quite huge in size. The freshly made durian cream were pumped into the puffs and weighed carefully to ensure every piece contains the same amount, not too much and not too little.



The puff pastry was very light and crispy...nice. The durian cream was made with real durian pulp and I could taste chunks of fiber when sinking my teeth into the puff...oooh yummy!


Beard PaPa
Nex, 23 Serangoon Central #03-K15, S556083
Tel: 6634 22

Opening Hours: 
Mon to Sun: 1130 - 2230



Dunkin Donuts

I bought a Deal voucher for a 6pcs Halloween box at $6.40 (redeemable at various outlets). I was expecting assorted Halloween themed flavored donuts as advertised online...


But to my surprise, they only have these two uninspiring ones available!



According to the staff there, these are only colored white chocolate donuts w/o fillings. I really felt cheated...luckily I only bought the 6pcs one instead of 12pcs...what a huge let down! The donuts itself were too sweet and the dough was quite dry....not fantastic at all, thumbs down.






No comments:

Post a Comment