Sunday, June 16, 2013

Facial at FIL and takeaway dinner from Lao Beijing

It has been six years since I last went for facial. I knew I had balance in my existing package but I kinda resent their hard sell tactics so I lost momentum with the monthly visits after a while. To be fair their facial is very good and shiok...I did enjoyed my sessions lying there and getting pampered for a high price. Recently, I received a call from them informing me my package is expiring soon so I was coaxed to go down again to utilize my balance facial.

They have moved to the new Atrium area at Plaza Singapura...

FIL

Treatment room 

The therapist gave me a 'trial' session of their newest hi tech treatment (worth $300+). A jade equipment was used for lifting my sagging skin, some RF lights were shined on my skin too and finished off with my fave collagen mask...shiok lah. I'm mentally prepared to be hard sell by their sales team cause therapist said got GSS promo pkg now.

After the facial, the sales lady showed me their most worth pkg, $4000 for 20 sessions facial ($200 per session). Consist of two hi tech treatment (choice of Jade, RF, Gold, Oxygen etc. etc.), plus eye treatment, neck and two atas masks thrown in for every facial. I had a $1.8k balance which I can reused for this so I only need to top up $2k+ for a $4k pkg. After some serious considerations I find that $2k for 20 sessions sounds alright...plus expiry is 3yrs. She reminded me that I still had $308 Products balance with them and gave me a brochure to choose which products to take home. I couldn't decide so I brought home the brochure to study.



Facial wash, lotion, serum etc.

Firming, toning cream etc.

Eye gel, mask etc.

My pkg..

On my way out, I saw the famous two hour long queue at THW. It was a few mins before 6pm then on a Sat evening...



I went over to Lao Beijing to buy dinner for hubby and MIL. It has been a while since I last ate from here.  After flipping through the menu, I ordered my all time fave Beijing fried noodle, Crab meat fried rice, Country style claypot tofu and 2 types of 锅贴 (pan fried steamed dumpling).


Beijing fried noodle with seafood 北京炒面 $10++
This is very good...got wok hei and generous amount of ingredients added.



Crab meat fried rice 蟹肉炒饭 $14++
This is a little lacklustre, no wok hei and kinda bland...maybe I should stick to Yang zhou fried rice..



Country style claypot tofu 家乡豆腐煲 $12++
This is also my fave, spicy beancurd cooked with leeks and chili and salty bean paste...served sizzling in claypot...thumbs up. No sizzling claypot for takeaways but still tasted yummy.


三鲜锅贴 6pcs $6++
This has filling of prawns, pork & chives...pan fried to perfection..very delish.


五目锅贴 6pcs $6++
This has mainly pork and vege filling...nice too.





Overall food standard is still there, will be back for more..


Lao Beijing 老北京食堂
Plaza Singapura #03-01, 68 Orchard Road
Singapore 238839

Tel: +65 6738 7207
Fax: +65 6738 2582

Opening Hours:

Weekdays
Lunch: 11:30 - 3:00PM
Hi-Tea: 3:00 - 5:30PM
Dinner: 6:00 - 10:00PM

Sat, Sun & PH
Lunch: 11:00 - 3:00PM
Hi-Tea: 3:00 - 5:30PM
Dinner: 6:00 - 10:00PM



FIL Skin & Body Intelligence Pte Ltd
Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road
#04-54 Singapore 238839

Tel: +65 6835 9000
Fax: +65 6835 9339






No comments:

Post a Comment