Friday, June 13, 2014

Menya Musashi 麺屋武蔵 @Bedok Mall

My friend has been raving about the ramen and broth from Menya Musashi, a famous franchise from Japan, so I'm here to give it a try.




The ramen store is open concept style with Tiger and Eagle murals on the ceiling, and modern zenish decor in the dining area.




Hi tech ordering system, using iPad to send orders to the kitchen. This is becoming a common trend at newly opened eateries.



I ordered the Tontoro Tsukemen set $20.90++ which includes Tsukemen (dipping noodles) with black garlic broth and choice of one side dish. I picked the Crispy Cuttlefish for side, and add on another side dish Squid & French bean in Goma sauce $6.90++ as it looks yummy on the menu.

Ice water here costs $0.30++ per glass or $1.00++ for a big jug. I ordered the big jug one.


My Tsukemen turned out to be ramen soup instead of dipping noodles. For a moment I thought I had poked on the wrong item on the iPad. Luckily the ramen in black garlic broth looks delicious too, so I just dig in without questioning the waiting staffs.



The black garlic broth was thick and flavorful, very nice but a tad greasy though. The noodles served here are thin strand ones like wanton noodles, delish as well. Tontoro pork slices were well marinated and tender, coupled with the crispy 'tau kee' and nicely prepared lava egg...overall a really fab dish, slurp!

Crispy Cuttlefish and Squid & French beans in Goma sauce were both very tasty, no complains here.




Food here is quite good and service was decent as well, next time I'm gonna try the original broth ramen.


Menya Musashi 麺屋武蔵 @Bedok Mall
311 New Upper Changi Road #01-69 S467360
Tel: 6844 9373

Opening Hours: 10AM - 10PM






No comments:

Post a Comment