Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Melissa Spring Summer 2014 Preview & Dinner at Menya Kaiko

My friend was invited to attend the Melissa Spring Summer collection preview and she brought me along to check things out. Champagne and orange juice were served to all invited guests and there were pretty cake pops for us to bring back.




I came out of there empty handed while my friend bought a pair of flats to add to her Melissa collection. We headed to Menya Kaiko for some Hokkaido ramen to fix our hunger pangs.




This eatery is managed by Japanese and the chefs are Japanese too. Menu items are similar to what I saw in Hokkaido, just a few signature ramen dishes and some sides for patrons to add on to their main meal.



We were too ambitious and over-ordered many items to share!

Tamago $1.80++, perfectly done with runny yolk, thumbs up.


Gyoza $5.80++, nice and juicy minced pork fillings...yums.


My Pork slices ramen $17.80++, I picked the red miso broth which was very flavorful yet not salty. The pork slices were soft and well marinated, noodles were springy in texture...overall, very yummy.


My friend had the Pork & chicken ramen $16.80++, similar as mine accept for a few slices of chicken meat.


We also ordered a 7pcs Oden $15++, the broth was good but we were too full by then to appreciate it. There is one item that intrigues me, it looks like a bunch of beehoon tied into a knot, but tasted more like konnyaku.



Food here is pretty authentic, service was decent and prices are pretty much similar to what we paid in Japan. It is a nice place for a quick ramen fix.


Menya Kaiko
ION Orchard, 2 Orchard Turn #B4-52/53, S238801
Tel: 66348766

Opening Hours:
Mon to Sun: 1000h - 2130h





No comments:

Post a Comment