Thursday, February 6, 2014

Early lunch at Din Tai Fung 鼎泰豐, Tampines mall

Medical appointment ended early at 10am+. It was only 1030am when I reached TM. Most restaurants are not open for biz yet. After checking a few places, I decided to wait for DTF to open at 11am. Meanwhile I browsed around the CNY goodies kiosks at the atrium.


DTF opened at 11am sharp, I was their first customer of the day. I got to choose between window seating and non window seating. I chose to sit away from the afternoon sun.





The usual table settings...





I ordered a soupy main dish and two sides for my brunch. I simply adored DTF's Pork chop noodle 排骨面 $9.50++. Chunky slice of well marinated and tender fried pork chop on top of handmade noodle in clear broth. This is my comfort food.


My all time fave Century egg w/ minced ginger 姜蓉松花蛋 $3.80++, the egg was perfectly prepared with gooey and intensely flavored yolk, plus jelly-like 'egg white'. The ginger sauce is mildly sweet, compliments the egg extremely well.


Luffa & Prawn Xiao Long Bao 丝瓜虾仁小笼包 $7.30++ for 6pcs. Nice and lightly flavored dumplings to go with the more strongly flavored mains. The steamed luffa still retains some crunch and tasted good with the fresh prawns.





Food and service is good as expected from any DTF outlet. I will never stop going back for more lovely dishes from DTF!


Din Tai Fung 鼎泰豐
Tampines Mall, Blk 4 Tampines Central 5, #02-01/31, S529510  
Tel: 67870998

Opening Hours:
Mon.-Sun. 11:00-22:00







No comments:

Post a Comment