Thursday, December 5, 2013

Lunch at Dôme Café & dessert at Nana's Green Tea

I was at Plaza Singapura last week to buy a new phone at StarHub shop. When I'm getting my Q number, I was told that the wait is min 2.5hrs. So I headed to Dôme Café for my late lunch.





After checking the menu items, I ordered a pasta dish for main course and a mocha drink.



Scallop & Crabmeat Linguine $14.60++
This was yummy. The pomodoro sauce was very nicely done. Even though the shredded crabmeat can't really be seen from this photo, there was definitely generous serving of that in the sauce. The crabmeat actually made the sauce sweet and refreshing to eat. The grilled scallops were kinda smallish in size though.


Gelato Ice Mocha $6.40++
There are a few ice drinks in the menu that comes with a scoop of gelato and they caught my attention immediately. I ordered the mocha with vanilla gelato. The mocha wasn't too sweet and the gelato added extra creamy texture to the drink...good.


I initially wanted to try the desserts here but after looking through the menu, nothing really interests me so I decided to change location for desserts. The service level here was decent, food was good but portion is leaning towards the small side. Prices are ok though...I don't mind coming back to try more dishes.

Dôme Café
Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road #03-92, S238839  
Tel: 6884 3601

Opening Hours:
Mon to Sun: 1000h - 2230h



Nana's Green Tea is just a few steps away at the same level. I ordered an impressive looking chocolate parfait and an appetizer to munch on.

Teriyaki chicken roll (4pcs) $4.80++
I wasn't expecting the portion to be big but it was! The makis were huge and thick and packed with generous ingredients. Taste wise was not bad but I would have preferred that they give me more teriyaki sauce as the chicken meat was kinda dry.


Hoji Gateaux Choco parfait $13.80++
I was feeling quite full by the time this came. The glass was tall indeed. I had a love hate relationship with this dessert. I love the crispy corn flakes, waffle biscuit, the ice cream and chocolate sauce. The same cannot be said for the Gateaux cake. It was dry and tough and tasted weird...yucks. And, the kanten jelly at the bottom was too sweet, didn't finish that too. Note to self, order the choco banana one next time.



Nana's Green Tea
Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road #03-80/82 (The Atrium), S238839
Tel: 6684 4312

Opening Hours:
Mon to Sun: 1100h - 2200h







No comments:

Post a Comment