Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dinner at Sushi Tei @Nex

I'm a frequent visitor at Nex mall, and Sushi Tei has always been getting long queues at dinner hours, every single day. The first time I had my meal there, it wasn't exactly satisfying cos the conveyor belt dishes were horribly cold and limp. Despite that, I find that the ala carte dish was ok so I'm gonna give them a chance to redeem themselves.

I arrived pretty early at 5.30pm and purposely requested for a table far away from the conveyor belt. They put me up at one quiet corner.




The simple table setting, with a huge stack of menus, cute seashell plates, saucers and a row of condiments.




The comprehensive menu has photos and description for every single dish on offer. They are having a 'Gastronomer fiesta' special offering designer dishes with premium ingredients. I ordered a premium maki dish from their 'House Specialty' section, two appetizers and one soup to go with it.




Dobin Mushi soup 土瓶蒸し $6.80++. I love this soup, especially when its accompanied with loads of fresh ingredients. There was chicken meat, crabstick, enoki mushroom and kamaboko (Jap fishcake). Soup was sweet, light and flavorful...slurp!




Phoenix roll $18++, served with one whole king prawn, generous portion of unagi and avocado slices, and drizzled with creamy mayo dressing. This dish was huge, with an impressive presentation to boot.




The tempura king prawn was fresh, meaty and succulent, giving the maki an extremely crunchy bite. Coupled with chunky unagi and buttery avocado...it was an utterly satisfying dish. Highly recommended!

Umaki $11++, Unagi wrapped with omelette served with unagi sauce. The omelette pieces were rather large as well. The egg was soft and lightly sweet, pairs well with the tender and juicy unagi slices in the center. Another of my fave.



After having two big portion dishes, I'm almost filled to the brim. Luckily, the Gyoza $6++ came in dainty bite sizes! The gyoza was perfectly pan-fried till crispy with moist marinated minced pork filling inside. This dish should go well with beer. The unusual white vinegar sauce with chili oil was surprising good too.




Service here was prompt and friendly. The ala carte menu is extensive and food quality is good. I think as long as I stay away from the conveyor belt, I'll be fine! Will come back again for more maki..


Sushi Tei
Nex, 23 Serangoon Central #1-08/09, S556083
Tel: 6634 7717

Opening Hours:
Mon to Sun: 1130 - 2200





No comments:

Post a Comment