Thursday, August 29, 2013

Dinner at Ichiban Boshi @Nex

I had craving for Jap food after looking at yummy food photos from the newly opened Sumiya...so I decided to drop by at their sister restaurant Ichiban Boshi to have my dinner.

There was a short queue already forming up at 6.15pm. After a short wait, I was ushered to my seat.







After browsing the menu, I selected one main course and two sides to go with it.

The Crispy Sweet prawns Amaebi Karaage $5.90++. These were good, the mini prawns were very crispy and really very sweet...perfect snack to go with beer.


The Gyoza Teppan $5.90++. These were served on a hotplate drizzled with sweet soy sauce. They were not too bad, sweet and slightly crisp skin with juicy minced pork fillings.



My main course is Kaisen Pirikara udon $13.90++, a seafood udon in garlic broth served pipping hot with generous topping of fresh prawns and salmon slices. The prawns were fresh and crunchy, salmon slices were slightly overcooked due to being soaked in simmering broth a tad too long while I take pictures of it :p



There were lotsa vege and mushroom underneath the seafood. The broth was light and very very sweet...I loved it!


Service here was good, quite easy to get attention of the waiting staffs. Food quality was as usual very good and prices were pretty reasonable. This is one restaurant I will continue to patronize.


Ichiban Boshi
Nex, 23 Serangoon Central #B1-04, S556083
Tel: 6634 0128

Opening Hours:
Mon to Sun: 1100 - 2200




No comments:

Post a Comment