Monday, September 16, 2013

Haagen Dazs ice cream mooncakes

I was initially planning to buy a box of nice durian mooncake for own consumption but realised that most vendors have jacked up prices to over $50+ even with credit card discounts. So after much pondering I got myself a pair of premium ice cream mooncakes from Haagen Dazs instead. Their ice cream mooncakes are retailing at $48 for 2pcs and $68 for 4pcs. There is an ongoing 15% discount with selected credit cards.






I picked the Dark Chocolate & Strawberry flavors.

Dark chocolate ice cream with mango sorbet center and crispy praline base. This was very yummy...the thick crackling chocolate coating reminds me of how I enjoyed eating the Magnum ice cream. The sweet and refreshing mango sorbet 'egg yolk' and crisp praline base was a perfect match with the rich and creamy dark chocolate sundae...thumbs up!





Strawberry ice cream with mango sorbet center and crispy praline base. This was fruity and refreshing and I love the bits of strawberry in the ice cream. Yums.






Conclusion, Haagen Dazs makes better ice cream mooncakes than Swenson's but at much steeper prices. This would probably have better appeal for Haagen Dazs ice cream fans.




No comments:

Post a Comment